Instructions & social guidelines
Fixed rules as well as flexible, informal rules are crucial in the development of dynamic work methods and organisational structures:
- Instructions or regulations, usually issued by central departments (IT/HR)
- Social guidelines, often also proposed by employees themselves
- The extent to which employees accept the rules largely depends on the participative development and decision-making processes. This might be guaranteed through surveys and customised workshops.
- In larger organisations, it makes sense to include employee representatives and the HR department already at an early stage.
- Regularly adapting the guidelines to actual circumstances.
- Insufficient acceptance of the guidelines amongst employees due to incomprehension or reluctance.
- Insufficient inclusion of employees in the development process.