Communication across hierarchies: C-Level Chat
Successful communication across hierarchies is key to improving the transparency within companies. There are two main objectives: On the one hand, to demonstrate the commitment of management towards Industry 4.0 and the associated new means of communication; on the other hand, to offer employees the opportunity to communicate directly with management.
- Question-answer feature in the social intranet, i.e. users can post “question” type entries and (predefined) colleagues answer directly.
- Visibility of management through blogs and other contributions to the social intranet.
- Developing a guideline for optimal implementation.
- Live events have the disadvantage that employees might not be able to attend.
- Employees might not feel confident enough to contribute, due to language barriers or shyness.