A buddy is an experienced employee who supports a new colleague during the induction period. This method strives to offer new employees the opportunity to start working independently as soon as possible, whilst becoming acquainted with company values, processes, and culture.
- Transparent recruiting with integration of the team into the recruiting process.
- It clearly demonstrates that the management is interested in the development of the new employee.
- It confirms the function of the buddy.
- Allows for the targeted management of competence development.
- The buddy needs to assume additional responsibilities on top of his or her regular workload.
- Lengthy induction period for new employees, also depending on the extent to which a company deviates from the structures and processes common within a certain industrial sector.